Subject: Re: spline control limits
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 1996 23:57:18 -0700

On Tue, 16 Apr 1996 [email-masked] wrote:

> > however, I'd like to see more extreme values [of spline
> > controls] possible than currently.
>
> I think these limits come from the equations used to create the spline
> curves. For examle, a tention of 0 may indicate a 0 value in the variable
> spot in the equtation, -1 may indicate negative infinity, and 1 may indicate
> positive infinity. So what number is larger than positive infinity? (Didn't
> we discuss this once before?)

I think what everyone would like to see is better control over the ease-in
ease-out values.

Imagine (believe me, I hate to keep referring to that program) has a
control panel that actually allows you to specify how many frames the
ease-in and ease-out should occur over...so you can say, "make the object
ease-out over 60 frames and then ease-in over 10 frames."

This seems like an easier approach than fiddling with values between 1.0
and -1.0 to get the results you're hoping for.

                                     -David Warner
                                      [email-masked]
                                      http://www.albany.net/~dwarner